Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Catching Up

I've neglected my poor little blog lately.  Partly because I've been busy with other things.  And also, I just didn't have the motivation to string together some kind of cohesive post.  My blogging mojo could use a little boost.  I'm not sure what to do about that, so I've been sitting back hoping something would magically inspire me to write some creative witty ditties that would fill these pages, but alas, the writing fairy has screwed me over again.  She must be hanging out with that ornery laundry fairy who bales on me quite frequently, too.  Oh, well.  Some days you're Cinderella.  Some days you're the mouse with a too small shirt and a shrill voice.

The past few days have been filled with a lot of work, some good times with family and lots and lots of picture taking.  I've been working overtime some, and fortunately, I love my job, so I don't mind.  Besides, it's a blessing to be employed during this stinky economy, so I wouldn't dare complain about working.  I like having groceries and being able to keep my lights on.  And sister mercy, it takes a wad of cash to keep the lights on these days.  The extreme heat sent our electric bill soaring this summer.  It hurts so much I'm almost wishing fall would arrive.  Almost.  But not quite.

We had a big get together with my brothers and cousins on mama's side on Labor Day.  That was lots of fun, and a great excuse to splash around in the pool.  Sadly, we will be closing the pool soon, so we plan to have one last big bash this weekend before we have to put the cover on it.  It will also be a good way to empty the man cave fridge of all those odd condiments, sauces and adult beverages that have accumulated in there during the various parties we've had this summer.  Last time I looked we had six kinds of beer, five odd bottles of wine and four kinds of soda out there.  Oh, and Hubby just added a kegerator to the man cave.  It's apparently an item coveted by many men because every time I mention it in the company of men they get this excited look on their faces and want to know more AND the UPS man almost wet his pants with excitement when he delivered it.  We don't even know the UPS man.  The weather looks to be a wee bit cloudy and cool this weekend, possibly even a little wet, but I've decided to damn the torpedoes and push straight ahead with the festivities.  I may be sitting under an umbrella on the deck in a downpour, but I will NOT let the weather ruin my last chance at celebrating summer.  Is there some kind of voo doo spell I can put on the skies?

The past few weeks have been filled with picture taking.  Babies, babies, babies and brides and grooms to be.  I've been stuffing my little travel envelope with money and keeping my fingers crossed that it will grow enough for me to be eating cannoli in Venice in May.  We'll see.  At the very least, it's been keeping me busy.  I'm finally caught up until I have to shoot a wedding in a week and a half.  I'll have a chance to shoot some stuff just for fun in the next week while the weather's not so gosh forsaken hot.  Look out, flowers and bugs!

I hope all is going well with you.  I'll be catching up on your blogs in the next few days, too.  That means checking out your art, hearing about your new home purchase, looking at your pictures and generally catching up on all those things that my blogging friends do.  It will be a refreshing change from all of the crazy political posts on FaceBook these days.  Frankly, the election can't get here soon enough.  Oy vey.      

1 comment:

Linda said...

Must be a universal thing at the end of summer that we bloggers get the blahs! I am struggling with the same thing...as always, you have a way of saying things that makes me want to read to the end...