Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rod Stewart - Sailing

Our annual summer concert tour is off, albeit a little later than usual.  Hubby and I are in Nashvegas where I am celebrating my birthday by indulging my 35 year crush on Rod Stewart. 
Photo Courtesty:  FanPop

And while I understand he's an acquired taste, he will forever reign as my first and longest running rock star crush.  Many years and many wrinkles later, the flame still burns as brightly as it did when I was in seventh grade.  And if I get hit by a bus any time soon, please make sure my peeps play the song below at my funeral.  And I'm not even kidding about that. 

By the time this posts, I should be waving my lighter in Bridgestone Arena.  Or is that a cell phone?  Do they even allow lighters in arenas anymore?  Where do I buy a lighter?  Am I showing my age?  Should I just be quiet now?


6 comments:

Linda said...

I have to admit I love Rod Stewart too, but probably not with the intensity you do! Hope you have had a wonderful time at the concert!

Bro. Dave said...

"Sailing"... duly noted.

Anonymous said...

I, too, am a Rod Stewart fan, but I tend to forget. This reminded me. Thanks!

Jan n Jer said...

Great song...hope your found your "Lighter"

Heather Ann said...

Other than the comments about how your body is falling apart, I totally get what you are saying in pretty much every post. Why this matters: I'm 29 (for 6 more months, not forever ;) ). I know that song, and I like it, I'm singing it now even and I have all the same questions about the lighter. Feel younger! Cause you're making me wonder why I'm relating to you so much :)

The Girl Next Door said...

Love that you love him so much and are getting to see him. And by now you've figured out it's cell phones not lighters - and you will likely also agree that cell phones just are NOT the same as lighters. Sigh.