Friday, February 25, 2011

Hopin' and Prayin'

Oh, folks, the news out of my corner of the continent is not good this morning. As you have likely heard on the national news if you live in the states, an Amish family was tossed from their buggy during flash flooding last night, and four of their children were swept away by the fast running water. The children range from ages eight months to eleven. Searchers found the bodies of three of the children overnight, and they're still looking for the fourth. They're hoping that maybe she's clinging onto to something.

This happened in the community where I took the pictures of the Wooldridge Monuments I posted recently. It is a close knit community, and some 200 folks have been involved in the search. I know what it's like to lose a loved one to flood waters. I can't imagine what it's like to lose three, maybe four of your children that way. If you are the prayin' kind, please do. These folks are going to need it now and in the months to come. Pray for the searchers, too. I know Sheriff Redmon who was interviewed in the clip I linked to, and I know his heart is just breaking right now, along with the hearts of those searchers.

6 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

I saw it on the news. My prayers go out to that family as well as the ones who are searching! How sad!

A New England Life said...

That's absolutely horrible! I didn't watch the news this morning but my heart is breaking hearing this story. I just don't understand why such terrible things have to happen : (

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

So sad! Thank you for posting this, I hadn't heard (I've been a bit "off the map" with moving and such).

Shanae Branham said...

That is really sad! What a horrible thing to have happen to one family. Thanks for making us aware.

alphawoman said...

So sad. They ran a picture of the buggy in the Leaf Chronicle and my heart just broke for that family.

J.G. said...

So sad. Prayers for that family and for the memories this stirs up for yours.