Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wedding Bells

Yesterday, I shot photos at the wedding of a darlin’ young woman who attends church with me. It was so much fun! I took pictures at the beauty shop where the ladies got their hair done, we did a wedding party shoot at a home that has the most incredible yard you’ve ever seen and I snapped, snapped, snapped pictures at the wedding and reception while they danced ‘til the cows came home. It was a wonderful opportunity, and I’m most grateful for their faith in my abilities. I am extremely flattered they asked me to do it. I will have plenty of photos to share as soon as I get a chance to edit the pictures and soak my feet. In the meantime, let me share some pictures from the bridal shoot we did a few weeks ago.

I couldn’t show them before now because we kept them under wraps until the wedding day. We couldn’t take a chance on the groom catching a glimpse of the bride in her gown before the big day. She wanted to do the shoot in an older home on one of the city’s most historic streets, so I called up a buddy of mine and said, “Hey Dale, can we take over your beautiful home on a sunny afternoon?” And being the always generous person he is, he said to pack up and come on over. So we did. It’s a fantastic house with Victorian sofas and antique furniture and things like pocket doors and a sleeping porch. And a stunning wooden antique baby grand piano in the parlor. (We shall not talk about the scary moment when I backed into the antique grandfather clock and thought for a split moment I had really screwed up.) We ended up spending FOUR hours there because Hula simply could not stop taking pictures. Every corner of that house was a backdrop. And the big swing across the street wasn’t bad either. We had a large time, and I came away with 118 EDITED photos. 118! I put several of them in a hardbound Shutterfly book that should arrive any day now. Here are just a few of my favorites.

6 comments:

Janis said...

Wow, she is going to love these photos. You did a great job!!!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

What a beautiful bride! You did a fantastic job, Hula. I mostly do landscape stuff, but you are inspiring me to move on to people. Great work!

Kathy

Gail Dixon said...

These are great! Beautiful bride and setting. My favorites are the one of her reclining on the Victorian sofa petting the cat and the back and white one of the bride by the bed post. It reminds me of my mother's bed. Great job!

Jan said...

These are great and very creative. Is she related to you? It may be my imagination, but I think there's a resemblance.

Jason, as himself said...

Fabulous! You really captured some fun, special moments for her.

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I spy with my little eye someone's hobby turning into a part time gig! :)

Lovely photos, my dear!