Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Strains of Iggy Popp Were Drifting Through My Ears

The fair came to town recently. There were lots of bright lights, loud noises and spinning things. I hate spinning things. They make me throw up. So do buses. If you don’t believe me ask my family about a certain incident in Martinique involving something called Zig Zag Road. My puking is now legend among a certain group of tourists who visited there in July of 2003.

Anyway, I hate spinning things if I’m on them. I like them when it comes to taking their picture. Between the lights and the motion and the outlandish people, the fair was a photography feast. I could have started a website that would have rivaled People of Wal-Mart with pictures from there. As it was, I stuck to the lights and rides.











8 comments:

Unknown said...

What gorgeous images. I feel kind of dizzy just looking at them!

J.G. said...

Very cool! I hope they had a Tilt-A-Whirl. Except for that one, I'm with you, safe on the ground and never tempted to ride anymore.

Janis said...

I hear U on the pukeing...Great photos...love all the bright lights.

Living Life said...

Nothing says summertime more than the fair. Very colorful photos!

oreneta said...

Very cool photos!

A New England Life said...

Excellent! Better than I could do that's for sure! Your photography is getting better all the time Hula girl.

Trailboss said...

We haven't been to the fair in town for years. It is so hot I just can't stand it anymore. We did however go last year in Mayfield. Loved the demolition derby. I am like you in that things make me dizzy too. Joe & I don't ride rides because we are way too scared. I learned when I was in my early 20's to stay far away from them! I love people watching at a fair though. It's pretty interesting.

~sWaMpY~ said...

I can't tell if the couple or three glasses of wine or if it's you making those pictures blurry, but they "shore r purty."

The rules are up at my place. Come on over with your creative brain and play.