Monday, June 15, 2009

The Spittin' Image

Mrs. Scrubs entered Special Delivery in the cutest baby contest at the festival in our hometown this past weekend. And there are some signs that he's going to be just like his daddy. She had Speical Delivery all dressed up in his little sailor outfit. His hair was nice and neat, and he was as cute as a bug’s ear. The obvious winner, in our biased opinion. The only problem? He was more interested in a nap than the contest. Now, in all fairness to him they held the darn thing at prime nap time for babies. He wasn’t the only sleepy one. But he certainly was the best one at sleeping. Oh, he fought it a little.And then right before time to go on stage, he gave it up.And it didn’t matter if she held him up Or to the sideHe was out. Like a light. And he stayed that way the whole time he was on the stage. He didn’t win Best Smile or Best Personality, but ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce the 2009 Best Napper. Yep, that boy is looking more and more like his daddy every day.

10 comments:

Mike Golch said...

great photos,thanks for sharing them.

janjanmom said...

That pic makes me feel sleepy...very sleeeepy....zzzz.

oreneta said...

I bet there are Moms reading that are jealous. I know I would have been with Eldest, that child loathed a nap.

ChrisB said...

He is so cute in those photos.

J.G. said...

Ahoy, there! He is one cute sailor.

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

I'm a sucker for a boy in uniform!

Janis said...

He is such a cutie. Babies can sleep anywhere (I'm jealous) It reminds me of the time our now 5yr old Gabby was 3 months old and my daugthers took her n the other two grand daughters for a group shot. I now have a 8x10 photo of Gabby sleeping while Carley n Casey are smiling for the camera.

Trailboss said...

He is so handsome. I assume yall were across the river seeing lots of Supermen.

karisma said...

Adorable! And any baby who could sleep through all that fuss deserves to be the winner! (And then there is of course the fact that he is SOOOOOO good looking! But we don't want to brag in front of all the other mamas!) I so love sleepy babies, I only got one of those, the rest were little horrors! LOL!

Mia said...

how did I miss this?? what a doll! The humidity in this part of the country puts kids out every time : )I know he's always a contest winner to you!