Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wow


Hey Abe,

Guess what? I passed three polling places before 7am today. At the first, the parking lot was full and cars were parked at the barber shop and the car wash across the street. Traffic on the highway slowed for voters to dash across the road. In the twenty years I've lived in this part of my city I've never seen such a crowd at my neighborhood polls. If this keeps up, we could have the biggest turnout in years. It took an economic meltdown, $3 gas and some passionate local issues to get us off our butts and down to the polls in numbers, but we're doing it, and it makes me feel great. As someone who has voted in a nearly empty building more than once, it makes me feel really great. And guess what else? The tickets for president today include a biracial man and a woman. We're getting there, Abe, slowly but surely. I just hope our concern and our enthusiasm lasts pasts today........

3 comments:

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

AMEN! I cannot WAIT to get home and vote tonight. I'm ready to make some history. : )

Cruise Mom said...

Same here! Watching the results eagerly.

Mia said...

I always vote but this year there was just a charge in the air wasn't there? It was a pleasure to wait in line this morning!! I love it!