Friday, March 7, 2008

Ready, Set......

Whew! We escaped the first round of snow with nary a flurry. However, the second round has moved in, and there are plenty of flakes in the air. See.

The forecast says up to six inches, but I’m hoping for no more than three. This stuff isn’t supposed to end until early tomorrow morning, so I won’t have any idea what I’m dealing with until I wake up in the morning. I’ll be doing the dance of joy if this system slides north and we get little accumulation. One thing’s for sure, the wind is a killer right now, and it needs to die down significantly in the next twelve hours or it could be a real problem. I’m planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

Ear band-check
Sock cap-check
Vaseline to protect and warm face-check
Chap stick-check
Neck gaiter-check
Under Armor, top and bottoms-check
Dry weave shirt-check
Wind pants-check
Wind jacket-check
Gloves-check
Hand warmers-check
Thin socks-check
Thick socks-check
Plastic bags to layer between socks-check
Extra socks-check
Trail shoes-check
Duct tape to insulate and waterproof trail shoes-check
Racing bib-pick up before 5:30am
Energy gels-check
Bananas-check ($1.39 a pound today!)
Smart Water-Hubby is picking up
Bag of dry, clean clothes-check
Fanny pack-check
Mental health evaluation-postponed

5 comments:

janjanmom said...

I'm soooooo proud of you!! I know you will do great and you will feel so awesome knowing you did it even in 6 inches of snow. Just think of the "stickin'-to-it-even-though-it-isn't-ideal" lesson you are teaching your daughter and all your hula fans.
You are awesome!!

-signed,
one of many very impressed fans

PS. Be sure to throw a snowball at anyone who passes you. Tell them it's from janjanmom and you are not to be held responsible in any way.

Mia said...

GO HULA!!!
Well wishes from friends check
Prayers for no winds check
A big warm cyber (hug) check

Jason, as himself said...

Yeah. I wouldn't forget that mental evaluation when this is all over.

That being said, I wish you the best of luck and I admire you for working so hard toward a goal. A not so easy goal. Okay, a goal that would totally kill me.

I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I'm praying for your safety and stamina and for you to have a deep sense of enjoyment. I think fun isn't what I'll ask for, although, all things are possible with God. I'm dreading my morning. It's 27 here at 8am with a wind chill factor of 18. Grandaughter #1 has a soccer game at 10! Brrrr. Vicky

Anonymous said...

Those are some mighty big snowflakes.
You better pack a helmet.